Eppler: "Hobbs & Shaw" and the difference between stupid and lame
There's a difference between stupid and lame ("Fast and Furious presents: Hobbs and Shaw" manages to be both). There are ways for stupid movies to be good. The "Fast and Furious" movies just about mastered that formula until about the eighth one. But there's no way to make lame good.
* * * * * Incredible - One of the best of the year
* * * * Excellent - Touches greatness with only minor quibbles
* * * Good - Plenty to like, definitely worth seeing
* * Mediocre - You can do better
* Awful - The worst, an insult to movies