UPDATED: Man dies days after being rescued from home near 70th &

UPDATED: Man dies days after being rescued from home near 70th & University

Posted: Updated:
LUBBOCK, Texas -

update 3:57 p.m. - UMC confirms the man who was rescued by firefighters from a fire near 70th and University last week has died. He was 70 years old.


posted Nov. 21 - The Lubbock Fire Marshals office ruled the cause of the fire as "accidental due to improper use of extension cords which overloaded circuits."

Lubbock Fire Rescue and EMS were called to the area of 70th and University in response to a house fire Tuesday.  

LFR Chief Steve Holland was able to confirm four people were in the home at the start of the fire and two victims were taken to the hospital with severe burn injuries. One was transported to the hospital with unknown injuries.

Firefighters removed a 70-year-old male and a disabled women in her mid-40's. 16-year-old Faith Zapata escaped on her own. 

Powered by Frankly